At CyberSN, helping executive and cybersecurity leadership build their security and sales teams is all we do. We’ve created an exceptional reputation for serving the cybersecurity community, and have earned the respect of hiring organizations and job seekers by delivering results that exceed their wildest expectations.
Cybersecurity professionals are not responding to job postings. Companies who are hiring in this area need a trusted expert to engage and attract high value candidates to your opportunity. It’s nothing personal to IT Generalist firms and internal
Talent Acquisition teams – they simply don’t have the network, expertise, or bandwidth to engage, attract, and secure passive security talent that a specialized niche expert has. It’s not possible!
Niche recruiting firms already have existing relationships in place with the talent you want to hire. And if we are not a 1st level connection to the candidate who is a dead ringer for you job, we almost always know someone who is! As an example, if I go to any Cybersecurity professional’s LinkedIn page, we generally have anywhere between 20-500 connections in common. This means that there is never a time where we are not able to get a personal introduction to, and have a live conversation with, anyone who is a potential fit for a hiring organization’s opening. Even if that person is not looking or hiring, at some point they will be, so there is value in them taking the time to build a relationship with us.
As we know, not all security professionals have a LinkedIn profile or care to be on social media, so our Founder and CEO, Deidre Diamond, has invested significant time, money, and resources to build a credible, high integrity brand in order to build the largest network of security professionals worldwide. As we scale our CyberSN organization and our vast Recruiting Partner Channel, we are building an army of talented search professionsals dedicated all day, every day, to building real relationships, one person at a time, with security pros.
We are 100% dedicated to disrupting our antiquated recruiting profession, seeking to add immense value to the cybersecurity community, and changing the rules of our industry. Here are some ways we are serving the cybersecurity community:
- We built KnowMore™ a proprietary software product, created by security SME’s. This “job description creation and posting service” allows hiring managers and HR professionals to “speak the language of cybersecurity” when creating their job ads. This results in more candidates to each job, faster search cycles, and more accepted offers.
- We have created strategic partnerships with all the major cybersecurity professional associations. CyberSN is a Certified (ISC)2 CPE provider and has partnered with ISSA, OWASP, ISACA, EC-Council, SANS, and many others for events and education.
- Our company leadership is constantly speaking at industry events including: RSAC, (ISC)2 Security Congress, ISSA International, SecureWorld (several cities), AppSec USA, Cyber Security Summit USA events, IoT Symposiums, Women in Cybersecurity (WiCys), Hacker Halted, and various BSides chapters, along with many regional and local events.
- We continue to create research studies and white papers that speak to the critical challenges in our industry, such as our 2017 study “The Cybersecurity Hiring Crisis: A Research Study”
- We are developing a real-time salary calculator tool that will be available to the community in 2019!
- We contribute to leading cybersecurity industry publications like: ITSP Magazine, Dark Reading, CISOMag, CXO Magazine, as well as other books, blogs, and publications.
- We participate in countless security podcasts and webinars.
- Deidre has established the non-profit, #brainbabe, to address the shortage of women in cybersecurity and the number of open jobs in our industry. #brainbabe also organizes events like the Day of Shecurity Conference series, and provide services to the community such as the STEAM-Conference Connection, which staffed booths with student at RSAC.
By continually investing in ways to bring value to the cybersecurity community, passive candidates reach out to us so they are on our radar when that “ideal” position comes up, and because we take the time to get to know them in advance and actually understand that that means to them, we can do exactly that!
Based on Chenxi Wang’s “The Cybersecurity Hiring Crisis: A Research Study”, the average length of time a job remains open before engaging an external firm is between 4-9 months. CyberSN’s average time to fill from intake to offer is 1.5 months. Thus, my next article will explore the question “How much money are you saving by not engaging an expert?!”